Still finding the truth in that LIE....

Neither I am  telling something new...

nor something which you have never heard of....

It's just one of my personal observation which I felt of discussing with you all.

I am talking about 3 years ago ,I saw my cousin returning home at 8:45 pm and he was welcomed home delightfully and without any question . He didn't talk to anyone... just went into his room maybe he was not in a mood due to fight with his friends...

But the next day when her sister (16 years old) came late(that too once in a blue moon...)she was surrounded with so many questions.."Why are you late?" ,"Where were you from 6 to 8?", "Don't you know the rules of our home?"

Wasn't  that unfair, for one the rules are so strict and for the other nothing?

I don't know why... but I have this habit of asking questions and this time also I asked...and can you imagine what was the explanation that I got...                                                               "that girls are just like jewelry which is bought with care and also kept safely in the locker ,you just can't afford to neglect them on the other hand boys are like vegetable which is bought but you don't store them in a locker!!!"

At that point I accepted it as it was, but now I realise that it was superficial..... just an excuse to conceal the real truth of this patriarchal  society.

According to me if there are rules then they should be binding on both the genders. 

That comparison was a camouflage......which didn't pacify me                                                And till today I am trying to find the truth in that LIE(which I know that was).....


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Their LOVE is enough for me......